Monday, May 9, 2011

Why blogging is so foreign to me:

     If you know me at all, then you know that I have no problem sharing my thoughts and feelings at anytime to almost anyone. I think that's why I'm so confused as to why this blogging thing has been such a challenge for me. On one side of the coin, I usually deal with things internally so there is often no point in rambling on about something that I am able to process and come to a conclusion with as quickly as I think about it. On the other side, I've recently discovered the power of sharing those thought processes with other people, gaining an additional perspective.
     
Two things come to mind right now. First, the advice given to me by others about how to approach a blog, and secondly, how I can share the process of my devoted self-reflection (and its results for me) in such a manner that I do not sound “preachy” with it. Proper writing etiquette dictates that I address the advice first, and then move on to the latter idea. I don't care, though. This is my blog, it's my first time doing so, and I will do it as I see fit in this moment.
     
I've had people ask me why it is that I seem so happy or content or satisfied or whatever word they use to describe my demeanor. My answer: I choose to be. It really is that simple. In this country, we've been raised with the idea that we have a right to the pursuit of happiness. I beg to differ. I believe we all have a right to happiness, but only if we choose it. If one decides not to make that choice, then he is entitled to the aforementioned pursuit. (Good luck!) My pursuit: life. 

1 comment:

  1. "how I can share the process of my devoted self-reflection (and its results for me) in such a manner that I do not sound 'preachy' with it. " I can really relate to this thought...too often I'm afraid of being perceived as standing atop Moral Mountain. Interesting 1st post Zak! Paz.

    ReplyDelete